COUNTY KERRY: SPECTACULAR VIEWS AND A HISTORIC RESIDENCE
A journey through the enchanting landscapes of county Kerry among lush hills, marvellous forests and lakes glistening under the blue sky with a visit to a historic residence to relive a past of servants and masters followed by a walk in the delightful gardens.
- Stop in the lovely town of Kenmare
- Refreshments with coffee/tea and biscuits
- Views of the spectacular Killarney lakes
- Visit of Muckross House and Gardens
- Visit of the elegant halls and servant chambers
- Walk in the lovely gardens
- Killarney: stop for lunch
- We leave the port behind us and proceed west to reach the lovely picturesque town of Kenmare with its small colourful houses that stand out against the green hills.
- In Kenmare, we make a brief stop to for coffee or a cup of tea with some biscuits.
- We continue our excursion passing the Lady’s View viewpoint, probably the best place to appreciate the panorama of the spectacular Killarney lakes surrounded by mountains with blooming heather and bright blue skies.
- We then arrive at Muckross House and Gardens, one of the most noble and imposing Victorian residences in Ireland located in the proximity of the Killarney National Park.
- We visit the elegantly furnished rooms that vividly describe the lifestyle of the landowners while, in the basement, we learn more about the working conditions of the servants.
- We make the most of the occasion to visit the beautiful gardens where we remain astonished by the collection of rhododendrons and azaleas, the vast water gardens and an amazing natural limestone rock garden.
- After our visit, we reach lively Killarney where we have some free time available to have lunch and walk around the streets flanked by colourful houses, characteristic pubs, signs and shops that make it truly picturesque.
- We then head back to the port once again enjoying amazing views over the Killarney lakes.
Good to know
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.
- Lunch is not included.