NATURAL MARVELS OF ALWICK GARDEN
In a nutshell Let us immerse ourselves in the botanical marvels of the fabulous Alnwick Garden overlooked by a majestic castle and appreciate the perfect combination of natural and skilful man-made scenery.
Good to know
- Sightseeing tour of Northumberland
- Medieval town of Alnwick
- Guided tour of Alnwick Garden
- Rose Garden, Ornamental Garden and Poison Garden
- Grand Cascade
- Free walk
- We leave the port of Newcastle behind us and head on an interesting sightseeing tour of Northumberland, a region with a long fascinating history and characterised by panoramas of unparalleled beauty filled with castles, cobbled alleyways and large beaches.
- We head north to the Medieval town of Alnwick, an elegant maze of narrow cobbled alleyways where time seems to have stopped.
- It is dominated by the Norman Alnwick castle, residence of the Dukes of Northumberland ever since the early 14th century.
- The destination of our excursion is Alnwick Garden, which was brought back to life by the current Duchess.
- We stroll along this enchanted place designed to surprise and entertain with water features, lovely paths, a maze and one of the largest tree houses in the world.
- Together with our guide, we visit the main sections of the garden such as the lovely Rose Garden, home to 800 different rose varieties, the majestic Ornamental Garden with over 15,000 plants and the peculiar Poison Garden where some of the most toxic plants in the world are grown.
- We also admire the Grand Cascade, a masterpiece made up of 120 separate jets gushing over 30,000 litres of water collected by 21 tanks.
- After our guided tour, we have some free time available to explore the garden at our own leisure before returning to the ship.
Good to know
- A special scooter and itineraries for wheelchair users are available at Alnwick Garden.