TOUR OF LIVERPOOL PUBS AND HALF A PINT OF BEER
In a nutshell The irresistible charm of a classic British pub combined with a pleasant walk around the streets of Liverpool from the port to the city centre with a peek at the famous Cavern Club, which hosted famous musicians such as the Beatles, and the chance to sip a delicious half pint of beer in a spectacular venue.
Good to know
- Walk around the Liverpool city centre
- Royal Liver Building, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building
- Visit to the famous Cavern Club
- Stop at the Crown Hotel
- Half a pint of beer
- Redeveloped Albert Dock area
- We start our excursion with a pleasant walk around Liverpool’s city centre to discover some of the city's most characteristic corners.
- On the seafront, we soon spot the “three graces” of the port area: the Royal Liver Building, an imposing building declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site surmounted by the statues of the mythical Liver Birds, the symbols of the city, the Cunard Building, an elegant building in the Italian style ornate with statues, and the Baroque Revival Port of Liverpool Building characterised by its charming opulence.
- We then reach the famous Cavern Club and have a look inside this temple of music and night-life where the Beatles as well as many other famous musicians performed countless times.
- We continue our walk to the Crown Hotel, a pub with over 100 years of history and a very elegant Art Nouveau architectural style where we can breathe in the atmosphere of a typical British meeting place.
- Under the incredible ceiling with intricate relief stuccoes, we enjoy half a pint of beer with its inviting froth and raise a toast to the magnificent city of Liverpool.
- We carry on with itinerary and make our way back to the port, where we stop at the redeveloped Albert Docks area, where hordes of people used to set sail for the New World and now boasting many hotels, bars and restaurants.
- After this last stop, we return to the ship.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 18 years.?