SNORKELING AT 'TREASURE ISLAND'
Relax, Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, 51
In a nutshell A pleasant cruise and heavenly Caribbean waters - a dreamlike combination! We explore the Sir Francis Drake channel, snorkel off the legendary “treasure island”, relax on a wonderful beach and cheerfully toast with a punch rum as we return. Life truly is sweet!
Good to know
- Cruise along the Sir Francis Drake channel
- Guided snorkelling session off Norman Island ('Treasure Island')
- Arrival on the island and stop at the beach
- On-board relaxation with a rum punch
- We get off of our ship and board our boat ready to lead us on an unforgettable adventure on the Caribbean waters.
- The crew welcomes us with a smile and so much kindness that we immediately feel at ease! Before setting off, we attend a brief introduction on safety to enjoy the cruise in the best of ways.
- The captain weighs the anchor and we venture on a fabulous half-hour crossing of the Sir Francis Drake channel as the sea breeze blows through our hair and we take in the amazing islands dotting the archipelago.
- We thus reach Norman Island, an legendary uninhabited island with a fascinating pirate past, so much so that many consider it to be the “treasure island” where the famous novel by Robert Louis Stevenson is set.
- It is impossible to resist the glistening crystal-clear water: after wearing our equipment, we dive in for a guided snorkelling excursion to discover the marvels underwater.
- Guided by an expert instructor, we explore the enchanting coral reef and are charmed by the bright colours of the tropical fish, the graceful corals and the sparkling sun rays penetrating the clear waters we are swimming in.
- We return to the catamaran and, after a 15-minute transfer, disembark on a white sandy beach in front of the Pirates Bight beach resort boasting a bar, restaurant and everything we need for a pleasant stay at the beach.
- We relax for an hour on this heavenly beach: we can snorkel some more, go swimming or simply soak up the sun.
- The time has come to head back to the catamaran, but the fun is not over yet: on our way back to Road Town, now that we have finished with all water activities, we are served a delicious rum punch. Sun, sea, wind blowing through our hair and a drink to toast to us and to the Virgin Islands: what more could we ask for?
Good to know
- Alcoholic beverages are only served to guests older than 21.
- This excursion is not available to guests with mobility problems.
- You must be able to swim and be physically fit.
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information in English will be provided during the snorkeling