A rich architectural heritage that combines the historic past with a touch of modernity among signs of an ancient legacy with pop culture: this is the Liverpool we will see with a packed sightseeing excursion combining strategic stops to take amazing photos of the symbols of the city and a visit to a wonderful modern cathedral.
What we will see
- Royal Liver Building, UNESCO Heritage Site
- Town Hall
- Cavern Club quarter
- Stop for photos at the Walker Art Gallery and Saint George's Hall
- Visit to the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral
- Suburbs and Penny Lane
- Albert Dock
- Optional stop in the city
What we will do
- We set off on our coach to discover Liverpool, a lively cosmopolitan city which was home to the Beatles and with an ancient maritime tradition.
- We admire the Royal Liver Building, one of the so-called “three graces” on the waterfront. It is an imposing buildings protected by UNESCO surmounted by the statues of the mythical Liver Birds, symbols of the city.
- We then cross the most ancient part of Liverpool with the majestic Town Hall and its lovely portico supported by Corinthian column.
- We drive along the streets of the quarter home to the famous Cavern Club, where the Beatles as well as many other famous musicians performed countless times.
- We stop to take a few photos of the Walker Art Gallery, displaying one of the vastest painting collections in the UK, and of Saint George’s Hall, a large palace built to host public events.
- We then visit the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, the main Catholic place of worship in the city and a surprising modern building perfect for taking sensational photos surmounted by a tower made up of 25,000 stained glass panels.
- We continue our tour to discover the Liverpool suburbs and numerous green areas scattered around the city and drive along Penny Lane, celebrated by the famous Beatles’ song.
- We head back to the centre to reach the requalified Albert Dock area, where crowds of people used to set sail for the New World.
- After our tour, we can choose to stay in the city for a spot of shopping or to visit a few more sights, returning to the ship by our own means.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.