GREAT MOSQUE BY NIGHT
In a nutshell We visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, which is made even more charming by the plays of light and shadows at sundown.
Good to know
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Wahat Al Karama
- Sightseeing tour of the city centre
- Stop for photos of the Abu Dhabi
- As the sun sets, we leave the port behind us to venture into Abu Dhabi and reach one of its symbolic monuments: the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, one of the most imposing in the world that can accommodate up to 40,000 people and commissioned by the Emir to whom it is dedicated, considered the father of the United Arab Emirates.
- We admire its fascinating combination of architectural elements from various regions of the Islamic world as skilfully-placed lights emphasize the candid domes that dominate the long porticoes.
- We enter to see the interior, which leaves us open-mouthed due to its grandiosity and magnificence.
- We get back to our coach headed to the Wahat Al Karama memorial, dedicated to fallen soldiers and made up of 31 imposing aluminium-plated plaques: from here, we can enjoy a spectacular view of the Grand Mosque.
- We return to the centre of Abu Dhabi passing by the Emirates Palace Hotel, a true icon of Arab luxury, and end our excursion with a stop for photos at the breakwall to capture the Abu Dhabi skyline.
Good to know
- For the entrance to the mosque, it is mandatory to wear a clothing suitable for worship places.
- Ladies must cover their heads with a scarf and wear long clothes that cover their ankles and wrists.