PALEOKASTRITSA & CORFU
A unique chance to discover the historical and architectural wonders of Corfù Island, the pearl of the Ionian, by visiting the picturesque Paleokastritsa with its stunning bays and the city of Corfù where every corner hides history and art.
What we will see
- Kanoni (photostop)
- City of Corfu: Church of St. Spyridon, City Hall, Spianada Square, St John or Virgin Mary Church
What we will do
- After leaving the port behind us, we begin our excursion with a visit to one of the best-known tourist locations on the island: Paleokastritsa. Before us lies an evocative landscape, with beaches of rare beauty protected by gentle hills of pine trees and black rocks that contrast sharply with the turquoise and emerald-green waters of the Ionian sea.
- We continue our excursion with a visit to Kanoni, a small island where the view extends from the white monastery of Vlacherna, connected to the mainland by a small bridge. We are clearly inspired to take enchanting photographs of every panoramic corner of the island.
- We then return to our coach and head for the city of Corfu, which we will explore on foot. In the historic centre, we wander through the narrow cobbled streets lined with elegant buildings and craftsmen's shops. We then arrive at the Church of Saint Spyridon, the island's patron saint, where we see a collection of icons of inestimable value. From here we continue our walk, until we reach the City Hall and Spianada Square.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited, so please reserve early.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- It is not allowed to take pictures/videos and guiding in St. Spyridon church.
- In case of religious ceremonies taking place, the church will be visited only externally.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.