SAVONA, CERAMICS AND FARINATA
Green-pass required, Discovery & taste, Sightseen, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
This tour will take you to discover the main monuments of Savona with a guide. And if the walk through the old town, among churches, palaces and fortresses, makes you hungry for a local snack, no problem: it's on us. Food tasting over, you'll be ready for the last two stops: Palazzo Gavotti, its picture gallery and the Ceramics Museum. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Walk through the old town
- Assunta Cathedral: external visit
- Priamar Fortress: external visit
- Local food tasting with fried fish
- Visit to Palazzo Gavotti, Picture Gallery and Ceramics Museum
- Your walk through the old town will lead to the Assunta Cathedral, with its unmistakable Baroque façade. Did you know that the relics of Saint Valentine are kept here? Yes, the patron saint of lovers. Our guide will tell you some other interesting facts outside the monument.
- Stop off at the Priamar Fortress, built by the Genoese in 1547 to defend the recently conquered city. Today it houses the archaeological museum but in previous centuries it was also a prison: its illustrious detainees include Giuseppe Mazzini, charged with corruption and imprisoned in 1830.
- It's time for some food tasting. Some traditional fried fish await you at the harbor, strictly accompanied by a glass of local wine.
- But your adventure in Savona doesn't end here. You still need to see Palazzo Gavotti, which houses the Savona Picture Gallery, and the Ceramics Museum, showcasing an art mastered by the Ligurians. A journey through six centuries awaits, from 15th-16th century tiles, known as “laggioni”, to majolicas inspired by oriental porcelain.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.