A WALK THROUGH THE FISHING VILLAGE OF SOMMARØY
We will admire the stunning Norwegian views as we head towards the island of Sommarøya, where we will leave our coach and stroll through the pretty fishing village, surrounded by magnificent mountain peaks and spectacular views to capture on camera.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Tromsø
- Island of Kvaløya
- Fishing village of Sommarøy
- Guided walking tour
- Scenic ride along the Kattfjord
What we will do
- On our coach, we will embark on a sightseeing tour of Tromsø. Founded in the 13th century, over the centuries it has become a thriving centre of commercial trade with nearby Russia.
- We will cross Sandnessund bridge to reach the island of Kvaløya, also known as 'whale island', which is home to the modern suburb of Tromsø, boasting a splendid backdrop of mountain peaks.
- We will travel along the coast, across another bridge, until we reach the fishing village of Sommarøy on the island of the same name, surrounded by glistening white beaches and jagged snow-capped mountains.
- We will embark on a guided walking tour of the village, a vibrant coastal community where hunting and fishing have always been the main activities sustaining it.
- We will admire the boats that bobbing gently in the quaint harbour and the stunning panoramic views, gazing out as far as the large island of Senja in the south, the coastal landscapes in the north and the immense ocean to the west.
- Then we will return to Tromsø on a scenic ride along the Kattfjord, passing the majestic Blåmann, the highest peak on the island of Kvaløya.
What you need to know