EXCURSION ON FOOT TO THE PANORAMIC VIEWPOINT OF THE TROLLVEGGEN, THE “TROLLS’ WALL”
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, 51
An exciting excursion on foot to the panoramic viewpoint to discover the Trollveggen, the famous, majestic “Trolls’ wall”, destination of mountaineering fans from all over the world, immersed between nature and Nordic folklore.
For those who want to come back to the Mountaineering Center and visit it independently, do not miss the opportunity to practice the highest rock wall in Norway!
- Introduction and film on the folklore of the Trolls at the Norwegian Mountaineering Centre
- Valley of Venjesdalen
- Panoramic viewpoint of the Trollveggen
Possibility to independently visit the Mountaineering Center once back at the port.
The highest artificial rock wall in Norway: Opportunity for adults and children to exercise!
- Our tour starts from the Norwegian Mountaineering Centre, about 2 minutes on foot from the port of Åndalsnes.
- This staggering, vertical structure, inaugurated in 2016, is immediately recognisable by anyone arriving on the fjord and fits in perfectly with the surrounding peaks of the Romsdalen Valley. Our professional naturalist guides will give us a brief introduction followed by an interesting short film on the folklore around the Trolls.
- At the end of the film, we’ll take the 30 minute coach ride to the splendid Valley of Venjesdalen, where we’ll start our excursion on foot to the panoramic viewpoint of the Trollveggen, the “Trolls’ wall”. This mountain was first climbed by an Anglo-Norwegian roped party in 1958, the tallest vertical rock face in Europe (1100 metres) and a popular destination for climbing enthusiasts from all over the world.
- Each stretch of our excursion on foot lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- The ascent in certian points is steep on a rough surface, however the path is clearly marked and made safe by chains to give a better grip.
- Once we reach the panoramic viewpoint, we’ll have about 20 minutes to admire the view of the peak before we descend and return to the coach for the trip back to our ship. For those who want to come back to the Mountaineering Center and visit
it independently, do not miss the opportunity to practice the highest rock wall
Good to know
- Altitude is approximately 150 metres
- Minimum age: 8 years.