CLIMBING IN THE MOUNTAINS ALONG THE LOEN VIA FERRATA
We take on the rocky walls of Mount Hoven, clambering along the Loen Via Ferrata, including the longest suspended footbridge in Europe, and stopping at the restaurant at the top to relax and enjoy the a spectacular panoramic view before heading back down in comfort in a state-of-the-art aerial lift.
- the Loen Via Ferrata
- Breathtaking views of the mountains and the fjord
- The Gjølmunne suspended footbridge
- Rest at the Hoven Restaurant
- Return to the valley floor in the Loen Skylift
- After a short journey, we reach the Loen resort on the opposite side of the fjord. This is the start of an unforgettable adventure climbing to an altitude of over 1,000 metres along the Loen Via Ferrata!
- We put on our climbing gear and set off up the mountain using the artificial structures that make up the via ferrata: clipped to steel cables, we battle the rocky walls of the fjord with the help of metal rungs and ladders as we climb towards the sky.
- Along the way, we discover the unforgettable thrill of crossing the longest via ferrata bridge in Europe, the 120-metre-long Gjølmunne suspended footbridge, which leads us out over the void at a height of 750 metres!
- As we pick our way up the side of the mountain, we cast our eyes over the magnificent landscape that surrounds us: Mount Hoven, with its rocky ridges specked with the green of moss and lichen, and the sparkling azure of the fjord far below.
- At the end of our climb, we reach the summit of the mountain and take a well-earned rest at the spectacular Hoven Restaurant, an experience made all the more memorable by the breathtaking views through the enormous, cliff-top windows of the canyon below.
- For our return, we will be taking the easy route, boarding the steepest aerial lift in the world, the Loen Skylift, which takes us from the summit of Mount Hoven to the banks of the Nordfjord over a thousand metres below in just a few minutes, with magnificent views of a whole cross-section of Norwegian scenery.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 15 years.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.
- Participants will be asked to fill in and sign a release form.
- Climbing/via ferrata equipment is included.