TO SÓLLER ON A HISTORIC TRAIN
In the Sierra de Tramuntana there is a ver train that travels back in time. It takes you to the town of Sóller, a seaside “jewel” of the Balearics. Retro atmospheres and 27 km of beautiful scenery to get there. So climb aboard.
- Trip on the historic train to Sóller
- Views of the Sierra de Tramuntana
- Tunnels dug through the rock
- Town of Sóller:
- The mode of transport is an old electric train dating from 1912, perfectly preserved and complete with polished wooden carriages, leather seats and overhead luggage racks.
- The journey takes you along the ancient track that crosses the Sierra de Tramuntana, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, past villages, terraces and panoramic views.
- After around fifty minutes, passing through 13 tunnels dug out of the rock and across several bridges, you'll arrive in Sóller. Follow our guide through the streets and past architectural gems like the Church of San Bartomeu.
- At the end of the tour, our bus will take us all back to reality.
Good to know
- The trip can be taken by train for the outward journey, returning by bus, or vice versa.
- The train has no toilets (these are only available at the station) and no air conditioning, and is not equipped for passengers in wheelchairs.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.