A FAMILY TOUR: JUNIBACKEN OR SKANSEN?
In a nutshell We have the opportunity to spend an afternoon with the entire family: visit Junibacken, where characters from famous tales such as Pippi Longstocking are brought back to life, or the open-air Skansen museum, where adults and children alike can discover how people lived centuries ago.
Good to know
- Junibacken cultural centre
- Fairy-tale train and house of Pippi Longstocking
- Open-air Skansen museum
- Small zoo and activities for children
- We leave the port on our coach and reach the two most popular family attractions in Stockholm: Junibacken and the open-air Skansen museum. We have two and a half hours to enjoy the attraction we prefer!
- At Junibacken, we enter a fairy-tale world inspired by the stories written by Astrid Lindgren, who invented extraordinary characters such as Pippi Longstocking.
- Right at the entrance, we find ourselves in Fairy-tale Square surrounded by old street lights and inhabited by characters popular with children. We get on board the fairy-tale train, which takes us on an extraordinary journey through the tales written by Astrid Lingdren and experience the emotions she can provoke: laughter and tears, amusement and fear.
- We enter a perfect recreation of Pippi Longstocking’s house: we can play in her kitchen, go upstairs to see her bedroom or take a photo with her white horse with black polka-dots.
- Before leaving this enchanted place, we have some free time available to take a peek at the largest children’s bookshop in Sweden or go to the café, decorated in the rustic style of days gone by and offering lovely views of the sea.
- Alternatively, we can choose the open-air Skansen museum, the first-ever of its kind with houses and farms from all over the country reproducing a miniature-version of Sweden and illustrating life and working conditions of the past.
- The museum is also has a small zoo with wild animals from Nordic regions such as wolves, elks, seals and otters, in addition to numerous local species of historical interest part of protection plans.
- The museum is very interesting for adults and fun for children: in Skansen, everything is designed for children, who can ride a pony, discover games of the past, watch the animals and make friends with them or become involved in everyday farm activities.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- Only one of the two attractions is included in the tour. Guests can decide directly on site which one to visit.