MYVATN NATURE BATHS AND LAUFAS MUSEUM
Sightseen, Relax, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking
We enjoy a fabulous relaxing break in an exclusive Spa where we can immerse ourselves in the beneficial geothermal waters a stone’s throw from Myvatn lake, followed by an adventure into the traditions of days gone by in a charming folk museum.
- Myvatn lake
- Myvatn Nature Baths
- Bath and relaxation in geothermal waters e relax
- Laufas Folk Museum
- We leave Akureyri behind us and reach lake Myvatn, considered one of the world’s natural wonders and surrounded by a landscape that was shaped by repeated volcanic eruptions and seismic activity which, over the centuries, created an incredible series of lava formations, crater, caves and mountains.
- Our destination is the Myvatn Nature Baths, a modern elegant Spa where we can relax in a natural environment and immerse ourselves in milky blue waters surrounded by steam pouring out from a deep crack in the Earth's surface.
- The facility boasts a café, changing rooms and showers, three steam baths and a fabulous 5000 sq m outdoor geothermal pool with a constant temperature of 38-40°C.
- The soothing warm geothermal waters of Myvatn contain an exclusive combination of minerals, silicates and micro-organisms with a wonderful relaxing effect that will leave us with a feeling of extreme well-being.
- After this exceptional experience, we continue towards the Folk Museum in Laufas, originally a manor farm and vicarage.
- The farm, which is entirely covered in grass, dates back to 1866 and displays the most common everyday working tools used by the locals during that and preceding periods. It could accommodate from 20 to 30 people. The only recreational activity available to them was visiting the vicarage dedicated to Saint Peter that was built the previous year. *We then head back to Akureyri driving through the splendid countryside.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.