LAVA EXPERIENCE: EXTREME NATURE
Giro turistico, Naturalistisk tur, Meal included
Let us discover the geological origins of Iceland, shaped by the humongous power of nature, in a futuristic exhibition centre dedicated to volcanoes where we also enjoy a light lunch and admire the three main volcanoes in the country. We then enter a real lava tunnel to witness the power of eruptions first-hand.
What we will see
- Tour of the southern region
- LAVA - Iceland Volcano and Earthquake Centre
- Tour of the centre
- Light lunch and view of the volcanoes
- Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel
What we will do
- We leave Reykjavík behind us and enjoy a sightseeing tour of the southern Atlantic coast characterised by a series of steep mountains, spectacular glaciers, rivers and gurgling waterfalls and amazing rural landscape where nature reigns supreme.
- Our destination is the LAVA - Iceland Volcano and Earthquake Centre, a state-of-the-art facility with a high-tech interactive exhibition illustrating the birth and development of one of the largest volcanic islands in the world.
- We discover the geological history of Iceland and the forces of nature that shaped this extraordinary land. We experience an earthquake thanks to a simulator and learn what lies behind a volcanic eruption.
- At this futuristic museum, we enjoy a light lunch and take in a 360° view of the Eyjafjallajökull, Katla and Hekla volcanoes as well as on the beautiful Westman islands from the observation platform.
- After lunch, we move on to the Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel, one of the longest and most famous in Iceland. We enjoy the thrill of visiting it and observe the spectacular outcome of an eruption occurred approximately 5200 years ago with our own eyes.
- We then make our way back to Reykjavík as we take in the views passing before our eyes.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.