BARRON RIVER RAFTING
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell
Good to know
A fantastic adventure in the beautiful natural scenery of a reserve, on the waters of a river that gives us intense emotions: we embark on an adrenaline rafting excursion, also suitable for beginners and of great satisfaction for everyone.
- Barron Gorge National Park
- Rafting on the river
- Rapids, whirlpools, small falls
- Rooster Tail drop
- Tea and coffee break
- We will leave the port and head towards the flourishing hills of Barron Gorge National Park, just over the border of the city of Cairns.
- Inside the park, the raging Barron river flows, controlled by an electric power station that ensures excellent water levels all year round.
- We will reach the starting point of our excursion and, equipped with our safety gear, we will take our place on the raft and embark on an exhilarating descent along the rapids!
- We will paddle through the current that thunders along downstream, passing whirlpools and small falls. We will cut through the foaming waves, avoiding the big boulders in the river, and we will overcome the impressive Rooster Tail drop, with the adrenaline pumping and more fun that we could ever have imagined.
- After the excursion, we will change into dry clothes and enjoy a refreshing cup of tea or coffee, congratulating each other on our achievement.
Good to know
- Before we start the excursion, participants will be asked to fill in and sign a release of liability form and a medical questionnaire.
- If you have any illnesses or are unsure about your ability to take part in the excursion, please consult your doctor.
- Minimum age: 13 years.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to take part in this excursion.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, a change of clothes, a bag for your wet clothes and robust footwear (which can also be hired at a cost of 5 dollars).
- Tour will be conducted in English by Raging Thunder guide on site.