EXPLORING SAINT VINCENT BY JEEP
Panorama, Nature, Fun, Drink included
A thrilling sightseeing tour of the island on a Jeep that takes us to discover the most beautiful parts of Saint Vincent from the coast to the rural countryside with a break on the beach to cool off in the sea.
What we will see
- Jeep excursion
- Kingstown and various panoramic stops
- Glimpses of everyday life
- Relaxing break at Brighton Beach
- Calliaqua, Fort Duvernette and Young Island
What we will do
- We meet our guide at the port and get on adventurous Jeeps that will move in convoy to take us to explore the magnificent island of Saint Vincent.
- We cross the capital of Kingstown with its cobbled streets, 19th-century churches and modern market.
- We make a few scenic stops to admire breathtaking views over Fort Charlotte which dominates Kingstown Bay from above, as well as the Grenadines and the Mesopotamia Valley with its fruit trees, banana plantations and small farms growing nutmeg, cassava and cocoa.
- On the way there, we catch glimpses of everyday life on the island: farmers heading to work the fields on a donkey with their machetes and women clad in colourful clothing balancing baskets full of clothes or food on their heads.
- We drive along the Atlantic coast where the sea crashes against the rocks as far as Brighton Beach, where we stop to relax on the beach, swim in the sea and sip a drink.
- We then continue through Calliaqua, the old capital, where we see Fort Duvernette, built around 1800 to protect Calliaqua, and Young Island, one of the most elegant and exclusive in the area.
- Fashionable restaurants, amazing beaches and residential areas pass before our eyes as we drive back to the starting point taking in the amazing scenery of Kingstown with its port and majestic mountains in the background.
What you need to know
- We recommend wearing your swimming costume underneath casual clothing.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.