PALERMO AND A KISS TO CEFALÙ
Culture & local gems , MyExploration, Passepartour, From 1 to 3 hours walking
Ready for a double excursion? Comfortably seated on a bus, the first excursion will take you through Palermo old town, among the most representative places and buildings. The second is Cefalù, for a walk through the narrow streets of its medieval quarter, with a surprise kiss.
- Palermo old town: sightseeing tour
- The fishing village of Cefalù:
- Medieval washhouse
- Osterio Magno: external visit
- Seaside village
- Board the bus for a tour of the main streets of Palermo old town, discovering its most distinctive places and illustrious buildings.
- You'll then proceed to Cefalù, which grew up around its Cathedral, named a UNESCO heritage site It was built by Roger II who, according to legend, made a vow to do this after surviving a storm at sea. It has a picturesque seaside village with traditional houses which look out onto the sea.
- A particularly romantic custom is to give someone a kiss under the Porta Marina, an arch with a sea view, the last remaining of the 4 original gates.
- Walking along Via Vittorio Emanuele with the guide, you'll arrive at the medieval washhouse, with its lava stone staircase and a series of basins that collect the water from the 22 lion heads above.
- Then, continue to the Osterio Magno, the fortified palace, the true meaning of the word Osterio. It is a historic fourteenth-century palace, built in different eras, the two-tone palace part of which is decorated with a very unusual chiaroscuro, consisting of alternating bands of yellow sandstone and lava foam.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.