A visit that will take us through the city of Palermo, presenting the most representative sights and emerging us in its history and mysteries. We will be moved by the Cappuccini Catacombs, thrilled by the romantic history that surrounds the Cathedral.
What we will see
- Teatro Politeama
- Teatro Massimo
- I Quattro Canti
- Palazzo Reale
- Piazza Pretoria
- Cappuccini Catacombs
- Cattedrale di Palermo
What we will do
- The first part of our excursion involves a panoramic tour of the city to admire the most beautiful monuments: Teatro Politeama, il Teatro Massimo, i Quattro Canti, il Palazzo Reale and Piazza Pretoria.
- We will move on to visit the impressive Cappuccini Catacombs, a real insight into the past, where still today we can see more than 8000 mummified bodies of monks, noblemen and citizens who still wear the clothes of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The final stage of this mysterious Palermo tour will take us to the Cattedrale, Gothic in appearance due to the presence of towers with mullioned windows, columns and arched battlements that run along the entire side of the building; it also boasts four towers from the Norman era and a beautiful dome, linked to Palazzo Arcivescovile with two large ogival arches from which the bell tower, complete with clock, rises.
- The interior houses the imperial and royal Norman tombs, around which there is a romantic and interesting story relating to Roger II, king from 1130, his successor Frederick II and father Henry VI.
What you need to know
- The visit to the Capuchin's Catacombs is not recommended for children and highly sensitive people.