A DAY AS A VIKING
Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking, Family friendly
Let us relive the Battle of Stiklestad in its historic context by joining the army of King Olaf II who will literally assault our coach! Discover the town of Stiklestad with a guided tour to learn more about this Viking king and the sagas narrating his exploits.
- Panoramic road along Trondheimfjord
- Viking army re-enactment
- Guided tour of Stiklestad
- Church in Stiklestad
- We leave Trondheim port on a coach and drive North-West on a lovely panoramic road along the Trondheimfjord.
- Our destination is the town of Stiklestad, where a historic battle took place in 1030, one of the most famous in Norwegian history where King Olaf II of Norway was killed and then canonised by the Catholic church.
- Along the way, before reaching our destination, the king's army comes towards us in perfect Viking style with period weapons and clothing. Our coach is surrounded by soldiers looking for men and women to join them or become vassals of the king!
- Surrounded by an atmosphere that takes us back one thousand years with banter, fun stories and a hint of gravity, we are escorted to Stiklestad in perfect military style.
- Once there, we take part in a guided tour of Stiklestad to learn more about the history of King Olaf II and about the famous battle where he died.
- During our visit, we also admire the church of Stiklestad, a stone building built in 1180 on exactly the spot where King Olaf II fell in 1030.
Good to know