BOAT EXCURSION AROUND THE ISLANDS OF TROMSØ
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
We will leave the city of Tromsø behind and board our rigid inflatable boat. Suddenly we will find ourselves immersed in nature in the fjord, surrounded by islands and picture-postcard views, intoxicated by the sea air. We will travel across the island of Kvaløya by coach and top it all off with a tasty break with coffee and muffins.
- Boat excursion
- Island of Gåsvær
- Musvær archipelago and island of Vengsøya
- Sightseeing coach tour of the island of Kvaløya
- Grøtfjord: coffee and muffins
- Our guide will meet us at the port and a short stroll will take us to the boat dock for our exciting excursion.
- Kitted out in our life jackets, we will say goodbye to Tromsø and set off on an adventure on the open sea, exploring and admiring the varied views of land and sea that will pass before our eyes.
- Our boat will head towards the island of Gåsvær, a low outcrop only 21 metres above sea level which is home to a few buildings including a chapel and a cemetery, but no permanent residents.
- We will glide towards the rugged Musvær archipelago, which boasts at least six residents living on the main island.
- Then we will change direction and head south towards the large island of Vengsøya, home to a fishing village surrounded by mountainous terrain with low vegetation.
- We will moor in Kaldfjord, on the island of Kvaløya, a small fishing village with little houses with red roofs.
- In Kaldfjord we will board a coach and begin our sightseeing tour of the island of Kvaløya, witnessing mountain views, fertile pastures and, if we're lucky, herds of reindeer.
- We will travel to Grøtfjord, a small collection of houses scattered along the edge of a beach surrounded by mountain peaks.
- A tasty snack will be waiting for us in Grøtfjord, consisting of coffee and muffins, before we head back to the quay in Kaldfjord and return to Tromsø on our boat.
Good to know
- Children must be a minimum of 4 years old.
- This excursion will be conducted in English.
- Participants must sign a release form.