HELICOPTER TRANSFER TO NORTH CAPE
A thrilling helicopter tour to discover the beauty of the northernmost European scenery flying over North Cape, the coast with its fjords and the islands.
What we will see
- Helicopter tour
- Views of Honningsvåg and the coast
- North Cape
What we will do
- Our adventure begins at Honningsvåg port where, after a short walk, we will reach the helipad.
- We board a helicopter and set off over the magnificent Norwegian landscape, offering spectacular views of the ocean, coast and main sights along the way.
- Fantastic panoramas glide by below us: Honningsvåg with its port, the jagged coast dotted with lakes and Cape North promontory with its famous Globe, a large iron sculpture representing the world.
- With its cliff dropping into the sea, Cape North is considered the northernmost tip of Europe even though the record actually belongs to Knivskjellodden, a lengthy promontory that gently slopes down towards the sea and visible from our helicopter.
- We then head West and fly over the famous island of Gjesværstappan, a true sanctuary for marine birds including puffins, cormorants, razorbills and white-tailed eagles.
- We continue towards the village of Kjelvik, once the region’s administrative centre and now a holiday destination after being destroyed during the Second World War. From here, we return to Honningsvåg.
What you need to know
- In the event of inclement weather, the views might be compromised.
- Maximum weight per passenger: 120 kg.
- To access the helicopter, guests need to lift themselves on a high step, the excursion is therefore not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The helicopter can take a maximum of 4 passengers. Seats are assigned by the pilot.
- Not all seats are near a window, though good visibility is guaranteed.
- During the tour, information will be provided in English only.
- Clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions of the day is recommended.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Flight time: 20 min