BOAT EXCURSION IN SKÁLANESBJARG
A boat excursion to admire the magnificent natural scenery of the fjord surrounded by mountains, a variety of local animals ranging from seals to birds and venturing as far as the border with the open sea.
What we will see
- Boat excursions
- Nature along the fjord
- Local birds and marine animals
- Skálanesbjarg promontory
What we will do
- We set off from the port of Seydisfjordur aboard a boat that takes us to discover the fjord surrounded by snowy mountains with spectacular waterfalls.
- We sail along the fjord completely surrounded by nature. We observe the magnificent scenery where lush greenery is in stark contrast with the white of the glaciers and the blue of the sea and head towards Seydisfjordur.
- We reach the promontory of Skálanesbjarg directly overlooking the endless ocean.
- We admire the incredible variety of birds nesting along the coast such as the cute puffin with its multicoloured beak.
- We then head back to the end of the fjord while we continue taking in the spectacle Mother Nature offers us and, with a bit of luck, we might even be able to spot the seals swimming in the currents.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- During the visit it is essential to respect the animals and their habitat. Feeding the animals, noise and sudden movements are therefore not allowed.