OLYMPIA ON YOUR OWN
With this tour we have the chance tomake the most of our stopover in Katakolon on our own. Our coach will take usfrom the port to the ancient city of Olympia, where we will be provided with anentrance ticket giving us the chance to explore the archaeological site at our own pace. This is the sacred city and home to the Olympic Gamesdedicated to Zeus, with a priceless archaeological heritage, which has earned the recognition of UNESCO as being a WorldHeritage Site.
What we will see
- Archaeological excavations
What we will do
- With this tour we have the chance to make the most of our stopover in the port of Katakolon.
- Our coach will take us from the port to the city of Olympia , where we will be completely free to explore at will. This ancient religious centre was the birthplace of the Olympic Games, which were held every four years in honour of Zeus to celebrate 'divine peace': during the games all hostilities ceased and all wars were suspended.
- An important place of worship in Ancient Greece, Olympia still preserves remains oftemples, monuments, theatres and sanctuaries, which bear testimony to the pomp and ceremony of the past.
What you need to know
- Entrance ticket to the Olympia archaeological site is included in the price.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Large backpacks are not allowed inside the museum or the archaeological site. *In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.
- The excursion involves walking on uneven surfaces, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- The site and the Museum are only partially accessible for the guests with limited mobility.