EXCURSION ON RIVER KUMIJOKI
In a nutshell The thrill of sailing along a river surrounded by wild nature allows us to discover the most authentic Finland, which we will also get to know through the flavours of the picnic to be enjoyed at the end of the day.
Good to know
- Kymijoki river
- Rafting experience
- Picnic with Finnish specialities
- We reach the banks of the Kymijoki river, one of the largest in southern Finland and a favourite destination of fishing enthusiasts such as Tsar Alexander III of Russia who, over a century ago, had a cottage built precisely in this area in which to spend the summer months.
- The wild nature is perfect for a thrilling rafting experience like the one we are about to embark on as we board the boat waiting for us on the river.
- Sailing along the river, at times tranquil and at other times more agitated, we witness the miracle of unspoilt nature. The lush river banks, small tranquil bays with tree branches stretching out onto the water, patient fishermen and a bucolic countryside pass before our eyes.
- The excursion ends with a delicious riverside lunch. Surrounded by greenery and lulled by the noises typical of a world where time seems to have stopped, we enjoy some excellent flambéed salmon and traditional Finnish coffee prepared on an open fire.
Good to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. A local guide will provide general information in English.
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.