SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF MYKONOS AND PANAGIA TOURLIANI MONASTERY
Panorama, PasseparTour, Culture
An excursion designed to show us all the sides of Mykonos, from the fabulous beaches on the coast to the religious centres inland, not forgetting the capital of the island which enchants visitors with its labyrinth of streets lined with typical white houses that stand out against the bright blue sea.
What we will see
- Ano Mera
- Panagia Tourliani Monastery (external visit)
- Kalafatis beach (panoramic)
- Walk to Mykonos
- Little Venice
What we will do
- We will leave the jetty and head for the wonderful Agios Ioannis beach.
- During the journey, we can admire Ornos beach, one of the most beautiful in Mykonos, dotted with luxury hotels and night clubs and yachts anchored off the coast. In the background lies the island of Delo, the birthplace of Apollo according to the myth.
- We will leave the coast and enter the heart of the island where we will visit the village of Ano Mera, which has firmly held onto its traditions.
- We will enter the courtyard of the famous Panagia Tourliani Monastery, which we will view from outside. Our guide will explain that it was built by monks in 1542 and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Fascinated by the enchanting architecture of the monastery, which is typical of the island, we won't be able to resist taking a few photos of it, its fabulous marble fountain and spectacular bell tower.
- Back on our tour, we will return to the coast and stop briefly to take some photos at the stunning Kalafatis beach.
- Then we will go back to where we started and begin a walking tour of Mykonos town, getting lost in the maze of white streets that was specially designed to confuse invaders and thwart pirate attacks.
- We will visit Little Venice, one of the town's distinctive quarters where the houses are built on the water's edge just like in Venice in Italy, and we can admire the famous windmills, the symbol of Mykonos, which appear on numerous postcards.
- Before we return to the ship, we will have some free time to carry on exploring this charming town or we can sit down outside and enjoy a refreshing drink.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. So please reserve early.
- Guests can return to the ship on the shuttle buses provided.
- This excursion takes place partly on foot. It is therefore not recommended for guests with mobility problems.?