THE ENCHANTING BLUE GROTTO
PasseparTour, Nature, Culture, Fun
An excursion that offers a close-up view of the Blue Grotto, a pearl among Malta’s natural splendours, and a stroll through the evocative streets of Marsaxlokk, where our footsteps seem to awaken centuries of history.
What we will see
- Blue Grotto
- Boat tour
What we will do
- Leaving the port by coach, we pass through a series of picturesque villages until we finally arrive at the unmissable Blue Grotto (or “Grotta Azzurra”) of Wied iż-Żurrieq on the south coast of Malta.
- Here we are given a near bird’s eye view of the imposing rock formation that rises from the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean, a site well worth immortalising in a photograph.
- We then climb aboard for a short boat tour that offers a close-up view of the coral formations that emerge from the blue waters and the lower caves nearby that complete the panorama.
- Before heading back to the ship, we make a stop in Marsaxlokk, a town with a rich history and inestimable cultural heritage. Consider that there have been people living here since the age of the Phoenicians, and these were succeeded in later centuries by such great civilisations as the Arabs and Normans, each of which left a legacy of priceless artistic treasures.
What you need to know
- English speaking or Italian speaking guides are available.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- In case of adverse weather conditions, the access to the grotto could be closed without previous warning.