BARI BY MINIATURE TRAIN
PasseparTour, Culture, Tasting
Discover the charm of Bari's old town and its most important monuments while comfortably seated in a miniature train. From the Basilica of San Nicola to Piazza Ferrarese and the longest seafront promenade in Europe. Culture and fun for the whole family.
- Old town of Bari
- Basilica of San Nicola, crypt and miraculous column
- Norman-Swabian Castle: external visit
- Piazza Ferrarese with food tasting and free time
- Bari's seafront promenade
- Take a seat on the miniature train and set off for the Basilica of San Nicola, the city's protector. Walk down into the crypt that houses the saint's relics and the legendary miraculous column.
- Strolling around Old Bari you'll soon come to the orecchiette street, where local women get together to make pasta by hand. A few steps further on is the Norman Swabian Castle, a 13th century fortress built to defend the city, destroyed in 1156 by the people of Bari themselves and then rebuilt by Frederick II as it is today. Make the most of the view from the medieval walls to follow in the footsteps of the lookouts on their tour of duty.
- Rejoin the train for Piazza Ferrarese, the center of Bari nightlife. Take a photo near the infamous column, an ancient pillory for debtors, and take the opportunity to taste the local taralli, vegetables dressed in oil and a glass of Apulian red. End on a high with a trip along the seafront promenade, the longest in Europe at 15 km.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.