LIFE IS SWEET ON GIARDINI NAXOS BEACH
Treat yourself to some serious sunbathing at Giardini Naxos, one of the most beautiful sandy beaches in the whole Ionian Sea. You'll find a beach lounger and umbrella waiting for you, so you can devote all your attention to the scent of citrus groves, the view of Mount Etna, the perfectly clear water and, if you like, a little snorkeling too.
- Giardini Naxos Beach
- The glimpses of the Ionian coast you'll see from the bus heading out of Catania are just the beginning of a tour focused on beauty. Did you know that this coastline is one of the island's richest wildlife reserves and oases?
- You'll soon realize this upon arrival at Giardini Naxos, known as “Giaddina' in Sicilian. Do you smell the scent of citrus groves in the air? These are the gardens that inspired the town's modern name.
- The scenery before you, between the mouth of the Alcantara river, the view of the Taormina headland and Mount Etna in the background, is the same one that convinced the ancient Greeks to found the village of Naxos here, their first colony in Sicily, in 734 BC.
- Your location will be ideal too: a sun lounger and umbrella are available for you to relax on the beach while a sparkling clear sea, with shallow areas ideal for children, invites you try out all the swimming strokes you know.
Good to know
- We provide beach umbrellas and sun loungers for adults. Children will share their parents' sun lounger.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- During the your, a local guide will provide you with assistance and information.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.