FROM MOLDE TO HÅHOLMEN
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking, 50
In a nutshell A day for us to discover the best that Norway has to offer: the thrill of crossing the spectacular Atlantic Road; a boat ride to the island of Håholmen where a delicious lunch will be waiting for us; then a trip to Bud with its breathtaking views of the Atlantic before returning to Molde to take in more incredible views.
- Sightseeing tour of Molde
- Atlantic Road
- Island of Håholmen
- Lunch on the island
- Bud and Ergan Coastal Fort
- Varden viewpoint
- We will leave the port on our coach and embark on a sightseeing tour of Molde, which overlooks the fjord of the same name and is dotted with countless peaks that provide the backdrop for the sweet-smelling rose nurseries on the sun-drenched slopes surrounding the city.
- We will then join the spectacular Atlantic Road, which links a string of cliffs and small islands with raised roads and bridges that defy the waves, offering breathtaking views that we can capture on camera when we stop to take photos.
- After leaving the Atlantic Road, we will board a boat for a short cruise to the island of Håholmen, part of a small archipelago of 20 islands and islets.
- Dotted with typical cottages and great restaurant, Håholmen has long been a meeting point for fishermen, sailors and merchants travelling to and from Lofoten during the cod fishing season.
- During our time there, we will enjoy a delicious lunch and have the chance to watch a video that will tell us more about this fascinating place.
- After lunch, we will travel to Bud, a picturesque fishing village that has prospered over the centuries thanks to its privileged position with access to the sea.
- There we will visit Ergan Coastal Fort, which was built and used during the war between 1940 and 1945 and is now a museum and memorial to the Second World War. From our elevated position we can admire the immensity of the Atlantic Ocean in all its glory.
- Our final stop will be in Molde, where we can take photos at the Varden viewpoint. The viewpoint boasts fantastic views of Romsdal fjord with its myriad of little islands. Afterwards, we will return to the ship.