TOUR TO EXPLORE CASABLANCA - with lunch
Discovery & taste, Designed for families, Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking, Family friendly, 52
A sightseeing tour to discover the ancient and modern Caribbean, immersing ourselves into Moroccan culture in Casablanca which also maintains close ties with the West. At the end of the tour, a delicious lunch is the best way to bid farewell to this fascinating city.
- Old Medina
- United Nations Square
- Mohammed V Square
- Habous District and Royal Palace (external visit)
- Hassan Mosque II (external visit)
- Anfa and Ain Diab
- Moroccan lunch
- We will leave the port by coach and start our tour on the discovery of the city of Casablanca, a dynamic metropolis which is continually expanding, with the large boulevards flanked by modern, European style buildings.
- We will head down Houphouët-Boigny, heading for the old medina, where we will leave the coach and begin our walk in this fascinating maze of roads and streets, which are for pedestrians only.
- We will arrive at the United Nations Square, the heart of Casablanca, where the main public boulevards come together. Here we will have some free time at a local market
- We will hop back on-board the coach and head to the marvellous Mohammed V Square, one of the most elegant areas in Casablanca, which is dominated by a large fountain and encircled by splendid examples of colonial French architecture. We will stop to take photos and then continue on our tour.
- Again, by coach, we will head to the district of Habous, where traditional Moroccan architecture and European modernity come together nicely. Here we will find the Royal Palace which we will stop to admire from the outside.
- This part of the city provides us with the opportunity to see typical crafts shops and the picturesque olive market.
- We will continue by coach to the monumental mosque of Hassan II, the second largest after Mecca, where we will stop to take photos.
- We will complete our sightseeing tour travelling along Corniche, the coastal road, where we can admire the elegant district-garden of Anfa, until we arrive at the tourist establishment of Ain Diab, the most 'western' part of the city, with its splendid pools nestled in the rocks and lots of restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
- To finish off this fascinating tour, we will stop along Corniche to taste a typical Moroccan dish, continuing our journey into local culture comfortably seated at the table.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.