ALBEROBELLO - TAPSY TOUR FOR FAMILIES
Indulge in a magnificent afternoon in Alberobello with an experienced guide who will take us on an adventure to discover and explore the typical buildings called Trulli and engage in the craft and cooking traditions of Puglia with a series of exciting and fun activities for children between 6 and 12 years and the whole family to enjoy.
What we will see
- Trulli of Alberobello
- Fun activites
- Cooking Demonstration: preparation of orecchiette
- Tasting of typical products
What we will do
- We leave Bari by coach and reach Alberobello, a picturesque town in the Murge area known all over the world for its trulli, which have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- On the way there, take a test with your children and find out how much you know about Puglia: what is a trullo? Why do they have a cone-shaped roof? Have fun flipping the pages of a booklet with an interactive programme handed out to all children and featuring games and illustrations.
- Once there, we find ourselves in a village made up of trulli, built with limestone following the ancient dry stone technique and boasting unique roofs decorated with pinnacles inspired by mystical and religious elements.
- The visit to the trulli turns into a thrilling treasure hunt that lets our little guests discover the meaning of the symbols on the trulli and at the same time explore this unique city.
- During our visit, we get to know the many aspects concerning the history, handicrafts and trading activities in this region with live demonstrations and captivating activities.
- Depending on the season and raw materials available, local artisans in typical costumes teach children how to create a bracelet using olive stones or a whistle using apricot stones.
- Finally, we meet a typical massaia who shows us how to make orecchiette, the characteristic ear-shaped pasta.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.?
- The journey time to Alberobello is approximately 1 hour.
- The tour is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- In case of heavy traffic, the excursion may last longer.