KALAFATI, A BEACH FOR EVERYONE
Relax, Designed for families, MyExploration, Less than 1 hour walking
Dreaming of a day of lazing around, sipping a cocktail under a bamboo umbrella? Or are you pumped and ready to windsurf? You don't need to decide before you go, on Kalafati beach you can do both. And a lot more besides.
- Scenic center of the island
- Kalafati Beach
- The bus trip to Kalafati becomes a coast-to-coast scenic drive through the inland Mediterranean maquis, dotted with little white houses.
- When you get to Kalafati Beach, the only one on Mykonos to boast a Blue Flag, you'll be spoilt for choice.
- You can hire one of the distinctive bamboo beach umbrellas, lie back on a lounger and look at the sea, with the profile of Dragonissi, the island shaped like a sleeping dragon, right in front of you. Or take the opportunity to enjoy your favorite water sports. From snorkeling to stand up paddleboarding.
- Did you know that Kalafati is a popular destination for professional windsurfers? They come here from all over the world and often entertain swimmers with their prowess. Diving is also very popular: you can find several wrecks to explore in the surroundings.
- If physical activity, or too much rest, have made you hungry, there are several restaurants offering freshly caught fish and other Greek specialties.
Good to know
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- During the tour, a local guide will provide assistance and information in English.
- Naturism is practiced on several of the island's beaches.
- Beach umbrellas and loungers included.
- Water sports not included.
- You can buy food and beverages on the beach.