GUIDED TOUR OF THE BERGTATT MARBLE MINE
Sightseen, Designed for families, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell An incredible adventure at the heart of the mountain, exploring an underground lake immersed in a magical atmosphere, with extremely pure water rivulets, making us feel as if we have entered a different world.
Good to know
- Bergtatt marble mine
- Exploration of underground lake by boat
- Pure water tasting
- Informative film (in English)
- We will travel by coach along the main road, and accompanied by a guide, we will head towards the Bergtatt marble mine, which is still operational.
- During the journey, we will be provided with interesting information on the mine and modern extraction activities, as well as precious details on safety within this excavation at the heart of the mountain.
- Once we arrive at the entry to the mine, with our helmets and life jackets, we will hop on-board vessels which take us to explore a magical underground world made up of rocks and water, where a magical and surreal atmosphere reigns.
- We will glide over a lake which is as smooth as glass, lit up by a light which enhances the magical feel, accompanied by background music. Charmed by this dream-like dimension, it is almost possible to forget the outside world and allow ourselves to be won over by the exceptional sounds, light and colours.
- We will linger in the caves, illuminated by large lighting fixtures and we can drink pure water from the rock walls which is bottled and which you can take home as a souvenir.
- At the end of this experience, we will return to reality watching an interesting film on the mining profession which reveals all the secrets of this activity.
Good to know
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems and those who suffer from claustrophobia.
- This excursion will be led in English.