Sightseen, My Explorations, Passepartour, From 1 to 3 hours walking, 51
A guided tour among the treasures of Cagliari: we'll discover the illustrious composer Vincenzo Bellini, the Roman amphitheater, the Cathedral of Sant'Agata and Porta Uzeda. Not forgetting the classic granita with brioche.
- Catania city center with food tasting
- Piazza Stesicoro, Bellini monument and Roman amphitheater
- Villa Bellini
- Cathedral of Sant'Agata, Bellini's tomb
- Porta Uzeda
- The panoramic bus route takes you right into the center of Catania where you can use all your senses as you explore the ancient Sicilian port city at the foot of Mount Etna. Start with your sense of smell: Notice the scent of citrus groves in the air?
- First stop is Piazza Stesicoro and an encounter with music: you're standing in front of the monument to Vincenzo Bellini, the local composer. Pay your respects by humming the famous Casta Diva aria if you like.
- Gaze at the Roman amphitheater where the arena is only slightly smaller than that of the Colosseum. Proceed on foot to the Cathedral of Sant’Agata, built on the Terme Achilliane where the city's patron saint was martyred. The late 1700s church in Sicilian Baroque style houses the tomb of Bellini, the sarcophagus of Constance of Aragon and a Renaissance sculpture of the Virgin.
- Take a selfie in front of the Baroque Porta Uzeda, there is no better setting. Finally, taste: don't leave the city center without trying the classic granita with brioche.
Good to know
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- When there are religious festivals, the visit to the cathedral will be limited to the outside. The Basilica of La Collegiata will be visited instead.