VICTORIA AND THE HEART OF THE ISLAND OF MAHE
Panorama, Drink included
Breathtaking scenery, close encounters with the island's flora and fauna, relaxing on the beach: this excursion introduces us to the wonders of the island and its capital Victoria. Enjoyment guaranteed!
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of Victoria
- Botanical Gardens
- Sans Souci Road
- Mission Lodge
- Relaxing on the beach
What we will do
- Having met our local guide, we board a coach and set off for a panoramic tour of the centre of Victoria, one of the smallest capitals in the world, during which we can admire the main buildings such as the National Library, the historic clock tower, the National Museum and the Cathedral.
- Our next destination is the magnificent Botanical Gardens, which we visit with the guide. They contain some of the most representative species of the local flora and fauna; the highlights are the colonies of giant tortoises and fruit bats, also known as flying foxes, and the coco de mer, the largest seed in the world, one of the symbols of the Seychelles.
- We then head for the mountains along one of the most spectacular roads on the island, Sans Souci Road, which crosses the Morne Seychellois National Park.
- We arrive at the historic Mission Lodge, where we can visit the ruins of a school dedicated to the children of freed slaves, and savour one of the most evocative views on the island.
- During the excursion we'll stop at one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, where we'll have some free time to relax, sunbathe and swim in the crystal-clear waters that surround the Seychelles.
What you need to know
- We recommend bringing insect repellent
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.