IN BARI WITH AN ACTOR
Green-pass required, Culture, 1
You'll discover the old town of Bari with a local actor who will tell you anecdotes about the city. But that's not all: you will taste a panzerotto, go on a guided tour of the Petruzzelli Theater and see the women of Old Bari in action making orecchiette pasta. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- City of Bari, old and new with the main churches
- Norman-Swabian Castle: external visit
- Orecchiette street
- Panzerotto tasting in Old Bari
- Petruzzelli Theater
- Stroll along the streets of Bari's old town, among the city's main monuments, while a local actor shares some interesting anecdotes .
- You'll see the Basilica of San Nicola, in Apulian Romanesque style. This Saint is connected to Santa Claus, we won't tell you any more than that.
- Next is the church of San Gregorio, the most ancient consecrated building in the city, and the Norman Swabian Castle, a powerful symbol of Bari since the twelfth century.
- The excursion continues in Old Bari, in the so-called orecchiette street. Here the women of Bari hand make these traditional pasta shapes before your eyes. You can even buy the fresh orecchiette directly from them if you like.
- Hungry after all the walking? It's time for a panzerotto, Bari's street food par excellence. After your snack, you'll set off again for the new city, walking along the longest seafront promenade in Europe to the Petruzzelli Theater, which you will visit with the guide.
- All the greatest tenors in the world have performed here. The building is said to have contained a secret room where documents signed by Benito Mussolini and King Victor Emanuel III were kept. The room was destroyed in a fire in 1991.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting