LAVENDER MON AMOUR
Discovery & taste, Designed for families, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking
Mention Provence and you immediately think of lavender. So immerse yourself in its endless fields of purple flowers, discover its secrets and fragrances with a sensory game arranged just for you. Also waiting for you is the Ocher Trail and a typical local lunch. And how about ending your meal with a lavender dessert? It's on the menu!
- Roussillon in Provence with local lunch
- Ocher Trail: The Valley of the Fairies and the Giants' Causeway
- Lavender museum and laboratory
- In the village of Roussillon, one of the most beautiful villages in France, our guide will show you the thousand shades of ocher, from the reds through to the oranges and yellows, in the Valley of the Fairies and on the Giants' Causeway, along the Ocher Trail. You'll feel like you're in Colorado.
- Local lunch including the flavors of Provençal herbs. And even a lavender crème brulée!
- In the village of Coustellet you can admire the sea of purple that returns every summer when the plants flower. Non stop photo opportunities!
- In the lavender factory and museum run by the Lincelé family you can enjoy an immersive experience and learn everything there is to know about this plant. You'll find out how it is grown and used: perfumes, essential oils, soaps, honey and much more.
- But it's time for a game of the senses! With a special instrument that filters and recognizes the structure of a perfume, discover the taste of a lavender-scented meringue.
- Now all you need to do is go into the boutique where an expert will recommend the best product for your skin. With lavender of course.
Good to know
- The red earth on the Ocher trail may dirty shoes and pants
- The lavender fields are generally visible between mid-June and mid-July. Flowering does however vary depending on the type of plant in the area, the altitude, latitude and local weather conditions.
- The bus journey from the port to Roussillon takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early