ALBENGA: OIL, WINE AND 100 TOWERS
Green-pass required, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 50
100 towers is really quite a lot, but don't worry you won't have to climb them. At the Transparencies Show you can instead admire an internationally unique exhibit. Find out what it is. This will be followed by a perfect Ligurian brunch in a vineyard, with a view of a local oil mill, to discover olive oil, the liquid gold. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Visit to Albenga's old town
- Magical Transparencies Show or Civic Tower
- Visit to the Torre Pernice vineyard with brunch
- Visit to an oil mill with tasting
- On this tour, which is the longest ever, you'll travel to Albenga and its 100 Towers. Here you can visit the Magical Transparencies show: an exhibition of glass objects recovered from the ancient necropolis of Albenga, including an internationally unique exhibit: the Blue Plate.
- If you prefer... and you're quite fit, you can climb the steps to the top of the 40-meter Civic Tower built in the 13th century. It's quite a slog, but once you're up there... it's a priceless photo opportunity.
- Show or Tower, you deserve a break. Azienda Vitivinicola-Agrituristica Torre Pernice is expecting you for a brunch in the vineyard: trofie with pesto, panissa and buridda, the typical dish of potatoes and olives. Accompanied of course by wine from the local winery.
- As a fitting end, a visit to an oil mill built in 1500. Oil is sacred around here! And the one produced by this local family is organic and made only with taggiasche olives. Taste it to believe it. You'll learn how the olives are processed, from harvesting to oil extraction. Remember the word “gumbu”. You'll find out what it means.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.Vegetarian, gluten-free and other meals for people with food intolerances will be made available if requested on board before leaving for the excursion.