Sightseen, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell An excursion immersing us in the majestic nature of the mountain of Montserrat and amazing us with the inspiring ambience at the Benedictine monastery.
Good to know
- Mountain of Montserrat
- Benedictine monastery
- Basilica and Our Lady of Montserrat
- We will leave the port by coach and head towards Montserrat. The road that we will travel on crosses charming landscapes that soon become mountainous, with breathtaking views of the surrounding scenery.
- As we approach the summit of Montserrat, the outline of the Benedictine monastery will catch our eye ahead. The vast complex lies nestled into the cliff 725 metres above sea level, offering us spectacular views.
- A guided tour will lead us around this famous abbey built in the 11th century near a cave where the statue of the Black Virgin was found in 880. The statue is known as 'la Moreneta' because of its dark colouring and is still highly revered today.
- The tour of the 15th-century basilica is an absolute must, and offers a setting where a strong sense of reflection and privacy reign supreme. Guests who wish to can enter and see the wooden La Moreneta statue that lies in a chapel that is accessed through a side entrance.
Good to know
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- On the occasion of Sunday religious celebrations, long waiting times may occur.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with
- Photos/Video not allowed inside the Basilica.