SANTORINI FROM SIRTAKI TO SOUVLAKI
Discovery & taste, Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
Experience Santorini like a local. Distinctive churches, blue domes , white houses, sirtaki music, narrow streets, smiling people, souvlaki with tzatziki sauce and the traditional plate smashing. What more could you want?
- Village of Oia
- Monastery of the prophet Elijah, photo stop
- Local product tasting, to the sound of sirtaki
- Fira, free time
- Your excursion begins alongside our ship, aboard launches that whizz you across the water to Athinios harbor. The view from the high village of Oia is of the islands around the caldera of the submerged volcano. Finally you're featuring in one of the holiday postcards most frequently mailed from Greece. We're sure you'll spend your free time posting photos on your social media for your friends to envy.
- The monastery of the prophet Elijah, an example of eighteenth century Byzantine art perched on the highest point on the island, brings a change of atmosphere but an equally beautiful view.
- How could you not eat on a terrace with a view? You'll be torn between a sea view selfie and a souvlaki from the buffet, served alongside a traditional Greek salad and tzatziki sauce.
- Is there yet more to come? Well of course, sirtaki dancers and the well-wishing ritual of plate smashing. In fact it's customary in Greece to smash plates on the floor, while a singer or dancer is performing, to demonstrate kefi, a spirit of joy, passion and enthusiasm.
- When lunch is over, you'll travel to Fira, the island's capital, perched on a caldera 250 meters above sea level, for a walk at your leisure. And, if you like, you can return to the ship by cable car. The fare is on us.
Good to know
- The tour ends in Fira. You can return to the ship using the tender service by the “all onboard” time stated in the Diario di Bordo.
- To reach the tender station you can travel by cable car or on foot. The cable car fare is included in the excursion price.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.