SIGHTSEEING TOUR Of SANTO DOMINGO WITH BOTANIC GARDENS
Panorama, Nature, Culture
A sightseeing tour to discover the amazing city of Santo Domingo and take in the splendour of its enormous and varied Botanic Gardens.
What we will see
- City walls
- Fortaleza Ozama
- Alcázar de Colón
- El Malecón: Botanic Gardens
What we will do
- We leave the port on a coach that immediately takes us to discover the amazing sights of the colonial part of the city such as the city walls, Fortaleza Ozama and Alcázar de Colón*.
- We then head towards the El Malecón coastal road (nickname of the Avenida George Washington) for a visit to the Botanic Gardens, which cover around 200 hectares and are the largest in the Caribbean. They were created to preserve the rich and varied Dominican flora and offers visitors the opportunity to acquaint themselves with plants. The natural plants found on the island are on display here, with special areas dedicated to palm trees, exotic plants and orchids, of which there are over 300 varieties in the Dominican Republic.
- We stop by a souvenir shop on our way back to the ship.
- The visit to the Botanic Gardens lasts one hour and a half and includes a tour of the gardens on a train.
What you need to know
We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. There is limited availability of English speaking guides.