THE GARDENS OF SAINT VINCENT: TROPICAL FLORA IN ALL ITS PRIMITIVE BEAUTY
Panorama, Nature, Drink included
Welcome to wonderland - the lush wild tropical vegetation of St. Vincent’s botanic gardens surrounds us with its colours and scents, with begonias, tangerine trees, orange trees and African tuliptrees sway enveloped in a bewitching silence.
What we will see
- Botanical gardens
- Montreal Gardens
What we will do
- An excursion dedicated to the two most beautiful gardens in Saint Vincent.
- Surrounded by the atmosphere of the “old world”, the Botanic Gardens are entirely different from the Montreal Gardens, located on the top of a hill.
- The island’s lush tropical landscape is a perfect environment for the marvellous plants and exotic animals that live there.
- Our tour begins by passing through the lively centre of Kingstown, characterised by a combination of historic and modern buildings.
- At the centre of the capital, there is a monument dedicated to the courageous inhabitants of Saint Vincent who lost their lives during the First World War.
- We then enjoy a relaxing visit to the peaceful Botanic Gardens, opened in 1765.
- The gardens cover 8 hectares and are full of tropical flora thriving in their natural environment. There, we can wander around looking for coconut, bamboo and palm trees and admire endangered parrot species.
- We continue with a picturesque 45 minute transfer to the splendid Montreal Gardens hidden in the Mesopotamia valley.
- This area is commonly known as the granary of Saint Vincent because of its fertile land.
- The Montreal Gardens are located on a hill 450 metres asl dominating the Mesopotamia valley, a rich agricultural area at the foothills of the central mountain range, providing a spectacular view. From there, we can admire the enchanting panorama of the surrounding peaks and valleys. The gardens are complete with paths, bridges, steps, tunnels and a stream and are impressive due to their wild exuberance.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.