DISCOVER AKUREYRI ON HORSEBACK
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell Get into the saddle of these extraordinary Icelandic horses and, carried by these bold steeds, explore nature while feeling a sort of Viking ourselves.
Good to know
- Visit to an equestrian centre
- Horseback excursion
- We leave the port and head out to the equestrian centre where our horseback adventure will start.
- Once there, we get to know the strong steeds that represent a source of pride for Iceland. We put on our helmet, get into the saddle and are ready to explore the charming Icelandic nature.
- Standing tall in our saddle, we enjoy the thrill of riding on a thoroughbred. Icelandic horses are in fact protected by an ancient law that prohibits importing them from abroad and which has therefore preserved intact the same genes that flowed through their veins at the time of the Vikings!
- We will try out different paces, from striding to trotting and, if we feel like it, even to galloping, testing the great talent of these robust and reliable yet friendly and docile animals with a long flowing mane.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems, back/neck problems or pregnant women.
- Transfer to and from the staples is non-guided.
- Minimum age required is 7 years.
- Children 7-13 years old must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
- Maximum weight limit is 99 kg or 220 lbs.