AT THE HEART OF THE GLACIER
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking, 50
In a nutshell A thrilling icy adventure through an unforgettable landscape towards the second largest polar ice cap in Iceland.
Good to know
- Hraunfoss and Barnafoss waterfalls, picturesque photo stop
- Húsafell, lunch break in a grassy oasis nestling among the ice
- Langjökull, an artificial cave that takes us to the heart of the glacier
- We set off by coach for a full-day excursion, starting at the surreal and picturesque setting of the Hraunfoss and Barnafoss waterfalls, the ideal place to take impressive photographs.
- We continue to Húsafell, a grassy oasis that runs alongside the glacier, where we stop for lunch.
- We board a vehicle suitable for crossing the glacier and head for Langjökull, the second largest ice cap in Iceland.
- An expert driver takes us on an unforgettable journey through snow and ice.
- We stop by a brand new attraction: an artificial cave that takes us to the heart of the glacier on a walk through halls of blue ice.
Good to know
- Recommended clothing: woollen long johns and underwear, padded windproof jackets, scarves, gloves, hoods and hiking boots with reinforced heels and ankles.
- The time spent on the glacier will depend on weather conditions and the level of the snow.