Panorama, Nature, Culture, Meal included
In the Camargue, not as a simple tourist, but on a 4x4 with a local driver and a certified guide. Wild horses, bulls, pink flamingos and lunch with the herdsmen at a local farm. A whole new flavor.
- Camargue: pink flamingos, wild horses, bulls and nature
- Entering the Camargue on the Rhone delta feels a bit like sailing into a sacred land: akin to a worshipper at a shrine. If you love wild nature, you'll find your “nirvana” here. Your local drivers and specialized guide will be waiting for you on private 4x4s for you to discover and explore this land on and off the beaten track.
- Prepare to meet herds of bulls, the famous breed of 'Camargue' white horses and pink flamingos! With us you'll have access to the marshes, ponds and remote places where you can admire these birds, along with herons, egrets and white stilts.
- Did you know that the Camargue is the only region that has the 9 species of European herons? You can boast to your friends that you know all 275 species of wild birds.
- Your 4x4 will then take you to a local 'Manade' or farm. You'll be welcomed by the owners, who will serve you a typical lunch of locally produced food and tell you about their work as cowboys.
- By the end of the day, you'll have learned everything there is to know about the history, culture and traditions of this pristine land.
Good to know
- Presence of an English-speaking driver for each 4x4.
- The bus journey from the port to Arles takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The excursion is unsuitable for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Menus may vary according to the season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served
- For anyone with food intolerances or requiring vegetarian or gluten-free meals, these will be made available if requested on board before leaving for the excursion
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early