TOUR OF ENCHANTING MONTEVIDEO WITH SHOPPING BREAK
Panorama, Culture, Shopping
A fascinating sightseeing tour of amazing Montevideo, the vibrant and eclectic capital of Uruguay steeped in history. From the enchanting old city dotted with imposing monuments to the seducing seafront overlooking heavenly white beaches, ending the tour with a spot of shopping in an elegant district by the sea.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Montevideo
- Enchanting Old City
- Seafront and Graf Spee anchor
- Plaza Independencia and Palacio Legislativo del Uruguay
- Parque Batlle and Obelisk
- Estadio Centenario, location of the first football World Cup
- Pocitos residential area, shopping in a mall
- Wonderful white beaches of Montevideo
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach and set off to discover Montevideo, the charming capital of Uruguay whose majestic 19th and 20th-century buildings, green park and historic monuments make it an unmissable destination.
- Our day starts with a tour of the picturesque Old City, where time seems to have stopped thanks to the cobbled roads, shops and same lampposts used a century ago.
- We drive along the seafront where we discover the anchor and the history of battleship Admiral Graf Spee, a mighty German cruiser that was very successful during the Second World War but which was then heavily damaged during the Battle of the River Plate.
- We reach Plaza Independencia, which divides the Old City from the modern part and is overlooked by interesting buildings and monuments, and continue as far as Palacio Legislativo del Uruguay, home to Uruguay's parliament and considered one of the three most beautiful government buildings in the world thanks to its marble structure.
- We then reach Parque Battle, considered Montevideo's largest green space. There are many monuments in the park, such as the Obelisk dedicated to those who drafted the first Constitution and the Estadio Centenario, built in 1930 for the first football world cup.
- We then head to the residential area of Pocitos, an elegant district overlooking the sea and spend our free time shopping in one of the many ultra-modern shopping centres.
- On the way back , we proceed along the amazing white sandy beaches that add to the charm of the city and contribute to its lively atmosphere.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.