HISTORY AND THE HIGH LIFE IN THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO
Culture, Shopping, Packed lunch
The Principality of Monaco is one of the smallest independent States in the world but despite its size it offers an incredible variety of attractions, all to be discovered.
What we will see
- Monaco Ville
- Royal Palace square
What we will do
- Your excursion will begin in Monaco Ville, the fortified old town, which sits on a rocky promontory commanding a quite spectacular view of the Mediterranean.
- Here you'll be able to visit the Royal Palace square and, depending on the arrival time, you will probably have the chance to watch the changing of the guard.
- You'll then head towards the little cathedral that houses the ashes of Prince Rainier and the much-loved Princess Grace, tragically killed in a car accident, the circumstances of which remain shrouded in mystery to this day.
- Here you'll have free time to take a short walk or do a bit of shopping in some of the most exclusive designer boutiques in the world.
What you need to know
- Journey time to and from Monaco is approximately 2 hours each way.
- In the case that religious celebrations are taking place, the cathedral will only be visited externally.
- To participate in this excursion an official ID is required.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Savona.