A WALK TO DISCOVER PALERMO AND ITS FLAVOURS
A walking tour in the splendid historic centre of Palermo, to discover its key places and most famous spots. We admire the famous squares, surrounded by architectural masterpieces, and soak up the tradition that is associated with one its most characteristic markets.
What we will see
- Historic centre of Palermo
- Chiesa di Sant'Agostino
- Mercato del Capo
- Teatro Massimo
What we will do
- We will join our guide who awaits us at the jetty to begin our walking tour.
- During our visit to the splendid historic centre of Palermo, we will admire the beautiful Chiesa di Sant'Agostino, built in the 8th century, with its incredible cloister and rose window.
- The walk continues through Via Maqueda (known as Strada Nuova), Piazza Vigliena (better known as 'i Quattro Canti') and Piazza Pretoria, with its contentious history, to arrive at the Cattedrale, where our guide will provide us with interesting and useful information from outside.
- We will enjoy some free time in which to discover the city, before heading as a group towards the historic Capo market, famous for its size and the tradition attached to it.
- We will cross this lively and characteristic market and will be impressed by its colours and by the calls of the vendors that attract us to the numerous, animated stalls. After having reached the famous Teatro Massimo, we will return to the boat.
What you need to know
- This excursion is conducted mainly on foot, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems. The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark at Palermo.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.