FLAVORS OF PALERMO
PasseparTour, Culture, 1
Explore Palermo's old town and its theaters, churches, markets and monuments on foot. Our guide will accompany you at every stage, describing the features and history of the different places. As a sweet ending to the day, you'll taste Sicilian cannoli, the region's symbolic dessert.
- Palermo's old town
- Church of Sant'Agostino
- Capo district
- Teatro Massimo
- Sicilian cannoli tasting
- Follow our guide through Palermo's old town. The Church of Sant'Agostino will amaze you by just its façade, with its doorway surmounted by a huge rose window, however the internal cloister is no less impressive.
- From Via Maqueda, walk to Quattro Canti, the center of historic Palermo. Crossing Piazza Pretoria, you'll come to the Cathedral, where the guide will give you some interesting tidbits of information: did you know that it used to be a mosque? An engraved verse of the Koran is still visible on one of the columns on the left-hand side of the doorway.
- In the Capo district market, among the stalls laden with goods and spices, you'll feel like you're in an Arab souk. Don't be deceived by the noise and confusion, the neighborhood has many artistically valuable monuments including the Chiesa dell'Immacolata Concezione al Capo, a church that is a shining example of Sicilian baroque.
- The itinerary ends at the Teatro Massimo, the largest opera house in Italy. We'll make the most of this for an eagerly awaited stop: the chance to taste a real Sicilian cannolo, accompanied by a delicious coffee.
- After this you can return to the ship: Palermo is now like home to you.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- The excursion is reserved for guests not disembarking in Palermo.