A WALK IN THE COUNTRY ALONG THE ROAD TO SANTIAGO
Sightseen, From 1 to 3 hours walking, 52
In a nutshell
Good to know
A journey on foot in close contact with Nature permeated by the intoxicating aroma of eucalyptus: ideal for preparing the spirit for an unforgettable visit to the Cathedral of Santiago.
- A stroll in the country on a section of the Road to Santiago
- Santiago, Cathedral
- Lunch with tapas at the Parador dos Reis Católicos
- Our journey on foot starts from Melide and winds through meadows, farms, eucalyptus forests and old stone bridges over streams that make up the picturesque scenery surrounding the faithful along this section of the Road to Santiago.
- We return to the coach and set off for Santiago, a final destination for pilgrims from all over Europe since the Middle Ages. Our guide provides a commentary on pilgrimages and reveals the secrets of the Cathedral, a major Catholic sanctuary and the burial place of the Apostle Saint James the Greater, patron saint of Spain and Christian martyr.
- Next on the excursion itinerary is a stop at the Parador dos Reis Católicos, where we enjoy a lunch with tasty tapas.
- After lunch, we still have some free time to explore this fascinating old city before returning to La Coruña.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- ?The Cathedral is undergoing restoration, so there will be no religious celebrations, but only the visit.